top of page
By living the Daoist way, one learns to be in harmony with ones surroundings and others.
By accepting Daoist principles, one embraces nature and its energies, creating less resistance and inner conflicts.
Shifu Sun Miao Xiao
To cultivate the body and mind, to recognize and interact with the five elements and nature is the first step to creating a harmonious and meaningful life.
Hulutang is place where we explore the ancient philosophies of the Dao and its manifestations.
In the old times, a Hulu (a dried gourd) was often carried by Daoists as drinking bottles and medicine containers. Over time, its symbol became metaphysical as a sign of longevity and immortality. Tang, in ancient times means a high dignified hall, often used as temple, palace or school. Hulutang hereby signifies a centre where we follow and teach the principles and practices of the Dao (or often called Tao).
The Daoists and their related practices can be dated as far back as 5000 years ago. From these principles and practices, we engage with the public in various different contexts including Chinese martial arts classes, Chinese medicine clinics and programs based on Daoist philosophies and practices.
- Traditional Kung Fu lessons, particularly Wuzuquan (Five Ancestors Fists). Both adult and kids classes are currently available in UK (Bracknell) and Portugal (Algarve).
- Qi Gong and meditation sessions.
- Chinese medicine clinic, which includes acupuncture, Tuina, cupping, moxa, bone setting and herbal suppliments.
- Seminars and talks, which teaches applications of Daoist philosophies as well as Chinese medicine to harmonize mind, body and spirit.
- Lion dance blessings for Chinese New Year celebrations, business opening, weddings, baby birth blessing and more.
bottom of page